I keep all my exercise data on an Excel spreadsheet on my PDA. I talked about this last summer.
Today, I needed to refer to something in this spreadsheet, and I noticed that it wouldn’t open. I checked the version that is synchronized to my desktop machine with ActiveSync. It was only 14KB, much smaller than its normal 150+ KB.
Argh! It looks like my spreadsheet file got truncated in a file transfer, and I didn’t notice this before the old version got overwritten. (When a file is deleted, the contents are still on the hard drive until other data overwrites it.)
Dang! There goes three whole months of exercise data. I guess I need to script a utility to make regular backups of my PDA data.