Replaced P/S pump

I replaced my P/S pump on Saturday, and I painted pointless parts! Yup, I repainted the P/S pump brackets.

Here are the brackets after I wire brushed and cleaned them with brake cleaner:
 

Primed:

Painted black:

Installed:

I had to install it three times before I got everything fit correctly. The first time was aborted because I installed it with a belt wrapped around its back and without torquing down the pulley to 55 ft/lbs, the second time was aborted when I realized I left out a spacer that goes between the left bracket and the upper bolt.

I figured out an inventive way to remove the pulley from the old pump with a faucet handle remover. It worked like a charm:

On my trip to and from work on Monday, the new pump performed great.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *