I am putting together Bad FC, a 40 and up soccer team to play in the North Texas Premier Soccer Association‘s summer league. I plan for it to continue in the fall season.
We’re not bad. We’re Bad!
Details on summer season
- Dates: June 27 through August 8 (no play on July 4 weekend)
- Number of games: 6
- Dates and times of games: One game each Sunday, at 9 AM, 10:30 AM, 12 PM, 1:30 PM, 6 PM, or 7:30 PM. Dates/times may be different for make ups (rainouts).
- Game length: 30 minute halves (halves are 45 minutes during regular fall and spring seasons)
- Game locations: Most games, possibly all, will be at NTPSA’s Premier Park in Balch Springs (map). Why? Cities close their fields for the summer. However, if some are available, we may have games in The Colony, Carrollton, and Richardson.
- Practices: We may have 1 or 2 highly optional practices before the season begins.
- Age cutoff: Must be at least 40 years old by June 27, 2021.
- Gender eligibility: Men and women can play. (NTPSA is traditionally a men’s league, but it is open to men and women.)
- Roster size: 25. I plan to fill it completely! Old fogeys have a lot going on, so we need a full roster to assure enough players at each game.
- Registration fee: $92 (plus an extra $25 if you have never played in NTPSA before; pays for your North Texas Soccer registration). This covers:
- $35 payable to NTPSA (season fee)
- $22 to cover referee fees for 6 games ($55 per game per team)
- $10 to cover equipment that every team must have on hand (1 net, $98, and 2 corner flags, $39; we must also supply a ball, but I prefer to just use one of our personal balls each game; this equipment will be passed on to the fall Bad FC 40+ team)
- $25 for a jersey (I’ll coordinate order, will shoot for better material than plain t-shirts)
- Some contingency funds (exact amount depends on how many players we get)
Payments will be due once we are confident we have assembled a team.
Transparency: Payments with be made to me. I will hold funds in trust for the team and be transparent with accounting. Leftover funds will be transferred to the fall-season Bad FC 40+ team.