I am putting together a 40 and up soccer team to play in the North Texas Premier Soccer Association‘s summer league. I hope for it to continue in the fall if there’s enough interest.
The team name is Bad FC. We’re not bad. We’re Bad!
- Start date: June 27
- Number of games: 6
- Dates and times of games: Games are typically on Sundays, starting on any odd-numbered hour between 9 AM and 7 PM. One game per Sunday. Dates/times may be different for make up games (rainouts).
- Game locations: I guess that games will mostly be in The Colony, Carrollton, Richardson, and Balch Springs. I will specify Samuell-Garland Park (Hobby Fields) for our home field, hoping we get more in the east Dallas area.
- Practices: We may have 1 or 2 highly optional practices before the season begins.
- Age cutoff: Must be at least 40 years old by June 27, 2021.
- Gender eligibility: Men and women can play. (NTPSA is traditionally a men’s league, but it is open to men and women.)
- Roster size: 25. I plan to fill it completely! Old fogeys have a lot going on, so we need a full roster to assure enough players at each game.
- Registration fee: $105 (plus an extra $22 if you have never played in NTPSA before; pays for your North Texas Soccer registration). This covers:
- $35 payable to NTPSA (and the $22, if applicable)
- $35 per person to cover $75/game referee fees for 7 games
- $10 per person to cover equipment that every team must have on hand (1 net, $98, and 2 corner flags, $39; we must also supply a ball, but I prefer to just use one of our personal balls each game)
- $25 for a jersey (I’ll coordinate order, will shoot for reasonable material)
- Some contingency funds (exact amount depends on how many players we get)
No payment due yet. I first want to see if we can assemble a team.
Transparency: Payments with be made to me. I will hold funds in trust for the team and be transparent with accounting. Leftover funds will be transferred to the fall-season Bad FC 40+ team or, if it does not make for the fall, refunded to the summer players.